Saturday, June 26, 2010

rollerprincess


We went to a skating party yesterday. Yes, it was half for her and half for me, because I feel ten times more graceful on roller skates than I do on my own feet. If possible, I would live my life on a three-way combination of skating, horseback riding, and swimming, and my calloused tootsies would never touch the ground.

The Biscuit may even skate in my footsteps. When we tried skating for her 3rd birthday-- her request-- she couldn't even stand up. After 3 minutes and $16, we were back on the street wiping up her tears and heading out for a conciliatory cupcake.

But yesterday she totally impressed me. And I'm not easy to impress.

LOOK, A BLUE CAR!*

She took to skating like a roller-skating fish to water. Forwards, backwards, spinning, on the carpet or the rink, which she called "ice". It was incredible. She had a great time. I had a great time. There were cupcakes. WHAT'S BETTER THAN THAT?

We're already discussing our skating date for her 4th birthday this August.

And I can't wait.


*Thank you, Homer Simpson, for that little gem**.

** She bent my Wookiee!***

*** Because Homer makes me think of Ralph Wiggum, and I love Ralph Wiggum.

8 comments:

Ericka said...

If only your roller princess had a better influence on my wet noodle.

stephanie constantin said...

Bella keeps asking to "roller-ice skate" but I think I would seriously injure myself! lol Glad you had fun!

Virginia Valerie said...

"Tastes like burning!"

Congrats on the biscuit learning to skate! I was at least 6 before that happened. :-)

dk said...

"What's a diorama?" - best episode ever.

K A B L O O E Y said...

That's very impressive. Chalk one up to genetics, I guess. She can do spins? Wow.

Delilah S. Dawson said...

She can do one spin without falling down. She's not doing, like, triple axles or anything. And her backwards skating looks a lot like Peter Griffin in a set of Union drawers trying to shock Lois by building up a static charge on the carpet.

Anonymous said...

Wiggum. FYI.

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Oh, you're right. I will now fester in a pool of shame. I HAVE NO TV. I AM CURRENTLY WATCHING DVDS OF STAR TREK VOYAGER. FORGIVE ME, MATT GROENING.