Monday, June 14, 2010

biscuit wisdom

biscuit: Mommy, how many beavers were there at the zoo?

me: I thought there were two, but apparently one of them died.

biscuit: Why?

me: Oh, well, maybe he got old or sick. I don't know. But everything that is born has to die, someday. It's just part of life.

biscuit: That's okay, because we come back. Like flowers. You kill them, and then they always come back. Don't worry, mama.

me: (existential crisis solved by innate wisdom and trust of child) Cool.

8 comments:

K A B L O O E Y said...

Whew. I've got to concede, I was worried for a while, there. BTW and not to go all Glamour mag on you, but you are quite fetching in that photo. (Hmm, I guess that would be Glamour circa 1952, however.) Looking sharp over at your place!

Nicole said...

hilarious. hate having to explain those existential crises to young uns (or to grown ups for that matter). hey, is that actual makeup you are wearing in your kewl new photo?

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Oh, sure. I wear mineral eyeshadow most days. And maybe a drop of blush. But not, like, foundation or anything.

Thanks for the compliment, guys. I'm all aw-shucksy now.

Mrs. Beer said...

How sweet is that! What a darling girl.

Merlu said...

Wow!

urfaqhesse said...

she's beautiful and smart like her mama :)
go book-jacket glossy!

Katiri said...

biscuit just brought tears to my eyes
thank you!

Anonymous said...

I agree. The photo is totally fetch.