Saturday, May 15, 2010

doing the write thing

Not sure if you guys caught this, what with all the volcanoes, earthquakes, and horrible oil spills, but Nashville is flooded. The Grand Ol' Opry is pretty much an aquatic attraction right now, and the ghost of Patsy Cline needs a new snorkel. But because bookish types are so thoughtful and clever, some authors started Do the Write Thing for Nashville, a charity auction to raise funds to help out our Tennessee friends.

And although I'm not particularly important, I wanted to help out, so I donated a custom book character painting. One of these guys:


Which will be up in my Etsy shop soon, too.

If you like signed books or want to bid on a critique or phone conversation with a literary agent or editor, go check out the auctions. There are some outrageous bidding wars going on, and it's all for a good cause.

*

In other news, I feel like a muddle-headed wombat. How can I feel like an idiot on 8 hours of sleep? We missed the Biscuit's last ballet class this morning because I forgot to reset the clocks after last night's storm. Did I check the laptop or cell phone? Of course not.

Sheesh. I would like to call a do-over, plskthxbai.

3 comments:

stephanie constantin said...

$75! Awesome! What did you say to the Biscuit?

Delilah S. Dawson said...

Me: Sorry, dude, Mommy messed up.
Biscuit: Why?
Me: It was an accident. I didn't do it on purpose. Everybody messes up, and today it was me.
Biscuit: Why?
Me: Because I'm tired and muddled and the clocks were messed up.
Biscuit: That's okay, Mommy. You can just take me to Chik-fil-A.
Me: That's not going to happen today.
Biscuit: (dramatic sigh) Then you can just give me a yogurt popsicle while I watch a movie.

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Man, you are talented! Love your characters!