Tuesday, April 6, 2010

WHO DA (UNRULY WO)MAN?

Sorry to go all-capsy on you, but I have news.

Two very important things happened today.

1. I accepted an offer of literary representation by the totally awesome Kate McKean of Howard Morhaim Literary Agency. She loves Scritch, and we've already begun revisions to start the submission process with editors.

2. One of my all-time favorite authors-- and I read an awful lot-- mentioned this occurrence on his blog. I've admired Matthew Woodring Stover since the first sentence of Heroes Die, and I've been lurking on his blog ever since Dr. Krog found it. Mr. Stover is represented by Howard Morhaim himself, which made Dr. Krog and I drool a little bit when my offer came in.

It feels real now, people. And so I looked like this:




And then this.



And then I realized I looked like a frickin' idiot, so I did this instead.



And then Dr. Krog came home, and we all did this.


And now I'm going to go watch the first disc of Dollhouse and try to sleep.

I had this dream last night where the world ran out of fossil fuel, and no one had any better ideas, and we were on the countdown to zero, and the government herded us all into churches and divided us up by age and gender and tried to keep everyone equal and safe. But then all the old people kept trying to steal our stuff and have these huge yard sales.

There could actually be another book there-- Yard Sales of the Damned.

20 comments:

RosyRevolver said...

I'M SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!! DOING A LITTLE (BIG) DANCE HERE IN MY CHIAIR!!!

YOU DA WRITER!
YOU DA WRITER!!

Alissa said...

Yay! That's awesome! Congratulations! Yard Sales of the Damned has definite potential. Plus when you are interviewed about it you could say how it was inspired by a dream.

Delilah S. Dawson said...

Rosy, when Scritch sells, I will be commissioning you for the celebratory ring or necklace. For realz. Something with a rat, maybe.

Alissa, I had this dream about sparkly old people in a field having yard sales...

Jennifer said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

All caps because I'm excited for you.

Jennifer said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! Congratulations...how very very exciting!!!

小研 said...

Do not delete this article, there is ad-supported access to 500 U.S. dollars reward, activity time to 2010/12/31 the end of this period we will have staff members from time to time to visit, hope you have the opportunity to receive prizes!

關鍵字行銷 網路行銷 軟體行銷 搬家 活水機 濾水器 淨水器 1069 GUCCI GUCCI包 GUCCI包包 LV包 LV LV包包 除腳臭 自慰器 情趣用品 情趣商品 跳蛋 按摩棒 高雄監視器 監視器 監視器材 監視攝影 網路創業 當鋪 當舖 流當品 特賣會 團體服 免費廣告 佛具 加盟 臭臭鍋 加盟 火鍋 期貨 婚紗 情趣用品 情趣 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 減肥 豐胸 整形 電波拉皮 雷射溶脂 飛梭雷射 私密處保養 seo 104 104論壇 seo 行銷軟體 免費網路創業 網路賺錢

Runs with Granchildren said...

That's my little gurl...Mom always said you would be a writer! Not taking any credit, ya' know...jes' braggin'!!!!

Eoywin said...

Big congrats!!!!!

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Congratulations! That is great news!

And, I think Commenter # 6 is happy for you too with his "500 U.S. dollars reward"---this IS your lucky day! (GUCCI)

Seriously, awesome.

Maggie S said...

Good For You. Congratulations.

Delilah S. Dawson said...

I HAVE OOPPORTUNITY TO WIN PRIZESS!!!!

Thanks, guys!

Mom101 said...

WHOO-HOOOOOO!

You will rock the literary world D. Or maybe you already do and they just don't know it yet. Yeah!

miss. chief said...

DO NOT DELETE THIS ARTICLE. you rule. congratulations!!!

La Poetic Seamstress said...

That is such fantastic news! Congrats! I was feelin' your vibe on the "duuude" pic!! I can understand a smack or two...to see if it's real! LOL (j/k,obviously)

jarvenpa said...

Congratulations!! Scritch is so good! May many publishers fight and claw and offer piles of cash to print it.
And did I spy a mention of a sequel?? Featuring, I hope, my favorite character.

(my word verification is "beginer" Which is how I usually misspell that word anyway. Hmmm.)

Merlu said...

OOOOOOOH!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHH! OOOOOOOOOOH!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!! Love your faces, by the way.

BreadBox said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! We here in pendleton are all tremendously thrilled at this news!
N.

Delilah S. Dawson said...

BreadBox, do you Pendletonites know that the inspiration for the setting of my book is your own Boxwood Manor? And several places from Pendleton may feature in Book 2...

I miss that place so bad!

Jimmy Franconi said...

I wanna read Scritch.

Congrats, bucko. You're awesome. This may merit the second hug in the history of our friendship.

msprimadonna67 said...

Very exciting--congratulations!