Monday, April 19, 2010

i swear to god i don't have a mustache


I want to blog, but I don't really have much to say right now, aside from the fact that I DO NOT HAVE A FREAKIN' MUSTACHE, STUPID CAMERA THAT MAKES MUSTACHES APPEAR FOR NO REASON. THAT IS A TRICK OF THE LIGHT.

That's the problem with going through a manic stage-- it's a lot like my brain throwing up. Once I'm done, there's nothing left. 

I've been reading some great books. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Killer, which made me like history for the first time since Dr. Terry's AP US History class. The Percy Jackson series, which Dr. Krog loves to ridicule. The Mysterious Benedict Society. 13 Little Blue Envelopes. And I'm trying to get through Carrie Fischer's memoir, Wishful Drinking, but her prose style seems forced. Just like she was forced to wear her hair in cinnamon buns or lose the role of Princess Leia to a thinner actress. Hey-o!

The problem is that after reading so much middle grade and YA, books written for adults seem so stilted and overdone. I mean, Margaret Atwood is skillfully weaving together three heartbreaking stories into a work of poetic genius, and I'm like, CAN WE GO ON A MAGICAL QUEST NOW, PLEASE?

My daughter has decided she wants to be a cheerleader. Yay.

My son is stuck on six words: mama, dada, dog, bath, ball, CKCKCK. He busted his lip today when he threw my camera at the coffee table and it bounced back into his face. Karma's a b*tch, kid! Luckily, he was wearing his black KISS shirt, so the blood didn't stain.

Dr. Krog is currently playing Mass Effect 2 in my art studio surrounded by apple cores, banana peels, and the wrappers from post-Easter-sale Reese's eggs. He's wearing his black gi jacket and is crouching on an office chair like some sort of lurid golem. We watched the final episode of Venture Bros. season 3 last night, and I woke him up 3 times laughing.

I'm really lucky I found someone who will put up with me on a regular basis.

That's all I've got, really.

Oh, and if you're looking for the best recipe for vegan cupcakes evar, go here.

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

"Putting up with" is a key aspect of relationships that most people don't understand.

urfaqhesse said...

and you look awesome...fake mustache and all :)

Maggie S said...

Glad to know someone else struggles with the mustache phantom that only shows up under special lighting. But, sorry.

Liam said...

I wouldn't have noticed the lie-stache if you hadn't mentioned it...

Virginia Valerie said...

Hi manic girl. I like you. FYI. :-)

Delilah S. Dawson said...

Lie-stache. I like that. Maybe I could sell those on Etsy.

Kanta said...

Kantahanan is the home of every song. The word kantahanan is derived from the tagalog words "Kanta" which means "Song" and "Tahanan" which means "Home".

A Piece said...

A Piece of Idea - Thoughts of a Man, a Blogger, a Webmaster, and a Friend. Learn simple tips from a simple blogger.

Hapi said...

You have a great favicon here. You might want to change that into your own icon. Here is my tip on Favicon and Blogger: How to change favicon in Blogger.I also have this list of Cool Favicons for you to use. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Will you shave your 'stache for Sunday? I don't want to scare my niece and nephews.

Delilah S. Dawson said...

You're a jerk, anonymous. A real kneebiter.