Tuesday, March 2, 2010

snow day movie round-up

Our day in movies.


We haven't actually seen The Hangover, but I'm guessing t.rex's gut will soon overshadow Seth Rogan's. If only t.rex grows up to talk just like a Muppet, I'll be happy. The bajillion dollars would be nice, too.


We saw Avatar in 3D in the theater.

Well, we saw most of it. Thank goodness for Google, or we'd have no idea what happened in the last 15 minutes.

Oh, wait. We own Pocahontas, and we've seen Dances with Wolves, so I guess we'd be okay. That's right-- I thought the story was derivative. You wanna fight about it? But I loved the world and would totally buy a time share there. Especially near those helicopter lizards.



We bought a VHS of Beauty and the Beast at a consignment sale, and the Biscuit has spent her weekend in her Belle dress, dancing with her Beast. We have DVDs under a year old that are already scratched and skippy, but that VHS from 1992 is still soldiering along. Talk about value!

"Beast is a kinda lion-bear-guy," she said.
"Is that anything like a man-bear-pig?" I asked.
"A what?"
"A man-bear-pig. It's very real. I'm totally cereal."
"Mommy, you are very weird."

Please tell me you guys remember that episode of South Park. Please.


Okay, so I may have doctored that one a little bit. But you get the point.

We didn't actually get to see any movies, although I am aching to see The Wolfman and hopping up and down on one leg to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D.

Before kids, we saw almost every movie that comes out. With kids, we're lucky if we get one a month. Movies were our main hobby, and Netflix just can't compare.

If you don't have kids and you're thinking about having some, for the love of all that's holy, go have a really nice restaurant meal and see a movie every flippin' weekend.

Do it for me. Do it for you. Do it because you have no idea how the little monsters take over your life. Do it because most of today's movies are so, so much better on the big screen.

Just watch out for the ones with lots of explosions when you're hugely pregnant, because it's really weird when your unborn child does jumping jacks on your bladder.

7 comments:

Maggie S said...

Yeah...I miss movies. [sigh] a lot.

Jennifer said...

Totally agree about Avatar, except about the time share. No diet coke and no Target means it is no place for me.

I just saw The Hangover the other day, but I think it would have been better with the whole group think aspect of the theater.

Eoywin said...

I got the South Park reference :D

I get to see some movies by leaving my child with her dad and running away to Greenville, SC to hang out with my friends.

I'm seeing 'Alice in Wonderland' on Sunday!

RosyRevolver said...

I was nine months pregnant and walking down the street when a firetruck went wailing by. I thought The Monkey was going to ram a foot through my bellybutton.

I miss dancing . . . to stuff other than the Spongebob CD.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Way cute! I can't wait to see Alice in Wonderland.

Anonymous said...

Did you know that they had to shave Hugh Jackman for almost an hour a day to play the Wolfman?

hotpants™ said...

We might see 4 non-kid movies a year now in the theatre. I wouldn't trade my kids for anything, but I do miss the movies.