Wednesday, March 31, 2010

fa so la ti frickin' da.


Biscuit: Mom, what's Sallysimmyslake?

me: I have no idea. What is that?

Biscuit: We sang it in Music today.

me: Can you sing it for me?

Biscuit. No. I don't know what it is. But Mama? What's a so?

me: A so? Or sewing, like with a needle and thread?

Biscuit: No, like I have a so in here. (points to chest)

me: Oh, a soul. That's what makes you *you*. What makes you special, different from everyone else in the whole world. How you feel, what you like, how helpful and sweet and generous you are.

Biscuit: Oh.

me: Did you think it was something else?

Biscuit: Is it what makes me flip?

me: Well, I guess being active and playful and enjoying gymnastics is part of who you are.

Biscuit: I think my so makes me flip. I want to flip now. Can I flip?

me: Um, sure. Go ahead and flip.

Biscuit: (dive bombs into my clean laundry, does a forward roll) Yay! My so makes me so, so flippy!

me: Dude, you just ruined my laundry.

Biscuit: Yeah, sorry. It was my so. Can I have something to eat now?

*

So that's my evening. t.rex has just awakened from his afternoon nap, and it's time to read a little bit of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.

Stay flippy, friends.

5 comments:

Maggie S said...

I am gonna go get some caffeine and see if it restores my flippy.

Jennifer said...

She is so cute. And you do a great job recording y'alls conversations.

Tracie said...

Flipping is good! =)
(but maybenot when it ruins the laundry!)

La Poetic Seamstress said...

It's always good to have "so"! LOL...Kids say the funniest thing!!

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas