Tuesday, January 5, 2010

tuesday shrewsday


See that up there?

That's the beginning of a piece of artwork about one of the characters in my book, Scritch. It's a 4-inch tall dude named Selwyn who has mousey ears and a sword.

I haven't been able to figure out what to blog about today, probably because all of my creative brain cells are taken up with writing, painting, painting the ceiling, and pouring water through my sinus cavity with a neti pot.

As a matter of fact, I may be washing away brain cells.

And speaking of exploding brain cells, have you ever talked to a three-year-old?

me: What are you doing, dude?
Biscuit: Go away. I just... I want to be alone.
me: Why?
Biscuit: Because I'm putting on my blue leotard.
me: Why does that make you want to be alone?
Biscuit: Because the black one is dirty.
me: That's why you're putting on the blue one, not why you want to be alone.
Biscuit: It's private.
me: You're already wearing it. You're not even naked. And you yell for me to come wipe your bottom for you twice a day.
Biscuit: Yeah, but that's different, mom. That's poop.

It boggles the mind.

6 comments:

urfaqhesse said...

but she's right! oh how i love her

Jennifer said...

She's right. Poop is different. And sometimes I just want to be left alone too. And I don't even have the excuse of putting on a blue leotard.

Tracie said...

If wearing a blue leotartd will buy some alone time, I might just go out and buy one today!

Delilah S. Dawson said...

Well, keep in mind that we have leotards in black, dark purple, dark blue velvet, light blue, dark pink, light pink, and pink with a skirt.

I am really having to come to terms with the insane amount of leotards in my life.

Lee the Hot Flash Queen said...

HAH! You are in big ass trouble as she gets older...I'm just sayin...

miss. chief said...

no, that's so true! I love my boyfriend, he is allowed to see me naked in the shower, when I'm getting dressed into normal clothes... but you know what? NOBODY is allowed to watch me put on tights, pantyhose, stockings, etc. It's too embarrassing for some reason. I make him leave the room.