Tuesday, January 12, 2010

morning song

the Biscuit: Mom, can we take off this girl's pants?

me: Well, I think Raggedy Anne might like wearing her pants.

the Biscuit: But they keep fallin' off.

me: They appear to be fine.

the Biscuit: But they fall off EVERY TIME.

me: 'Every time' what?

the Biscuit: All the days of the week. All the time. For fifty hours.

me: But dolls like to wear clothes, just like we do.

the Biscuit: But *I* don't want to wear clothes. I just want to wear a leotard.

me: Then *I* want her to wear her clothes, because I have a hard enough time keeping up with discarded people clothes without also having to keep track of doll clothes while abused, unloved, naked rag dolls roam my sunroom like cotton zombie-vampires with striped legs and creepy yarn hair.

the Biscuit: Yeah, well, I'm just going to sing, then.

(runs into other room with half-naked doll and sings while dancing)

It's a biiiiiiirthday, we will have ice scream and cake for us....
I want some Ve-eh-eh-eh-ggie Booty, it is greeeeeeen....
t.rex is not with me, he's noooooot....
Oh, little brudder...
I'm kissin' ya, I'm kissin' ya, Mom...
Now I'm dancing on the stage....
Now I want pepperoni...
Now I need to get rid of my hair off of my face...
Mom, I'm kissing myself.
Look, I made a dragon made out of rock mountains.
And I made a little "v" and a little "n", which makes Nina.
Thank goodness for my good ol' stretchy legs.

8 comments:

elizabeth said...

Lol! I love three year old girl singers. Pixar's monster's Inc got "boo" down pat. When she's singing while on the potty- that is EXACTLY it.

stephanie constantin said...

excellent!

Simply Valorie said...

awww what a cutie! She's awesome.

leigh said...

Genius.

urfaqhesse said...

I second the genius comment.

jarvenpa said...

All three year olds and all dolls are nudists.
As are four year olds and dolls.

And in the case of my 20 year old with Down Syndrome...well, he's not, but his dolls (or "action figures") never ever retain clothing very long.

I love the Biscuit's song. Genius indeed.

Alissa said...

This so reminds me of my younger sister, when she was the biscuit's age. I have this great picture that I took of her (when I was pretty young myself) and my mom with my mom holding up my sister's pathetic half naked doll. Mom is holding the doll by the neck away from her body as if the ugly thing had cooties. Sadly, I chopped off Mom's head in the picture and so can't see the expression on her face.

Cara and Jenn said...

I am down with Biscuit. Raggedy Ann's pants NEVER stayed on right. I put a pair of my underwear on her when I was little. lol
Cara