Sunday, November 22, 2009

the year of the terrible lizard


There's the cake, for people who are just here for the cake. My very favorite pumpkin yellow cake with homemade icing. Cake Wrecks would be proud of those poo-spiral wheels, am I right?

Tomorrow is t.rex's birthday, and today our family came together to celebrate our favorite little man. We partied at my parents' house, because I wanted to avoid the stress of a big party and lots of cleaning. My parents rock.

Presents were loads of fun.


Unlike his sister, who spent her first birthday not touching her presents, t.rex is a good investment. He had a great time opening and playing with a variety of awesomely noisy trucks.

And then the cake. I'm a mean lady, and t.rex has never had anything more sugary than bananas and Cheerioes.


He didn't know what to do with the cupcake and almost threw it on the floor, so I stepped in to introduce my boy to my most very favorite food.



But then he started to get the picture.


Wait, there's something missing.

The picture just doesn't quite capture how much the boy likes cake.

Let me see...


Yeah, that's better.

Lastly, once all the great-grands and grand-aunts had retired to Diabetic Comaville, we just sat around and watched the boy play and read what passes for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution these days. So that took about 2 minutes. HEY-O!


And what's the moral of today's birthday party?

1. I love cake.

2.
Happy Birthday, Rex! We love you!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Funny. Very funny. And happy bday to the little one.

Caroline D. said...

the cuteness almost hurts. And I do love the poop wheels.

Amanda {My Life Badly Written} said...

Grotbag was lactose intolerant on his first birthday so I had to make a 'fake' chocolate cake - OMG that kid demolished his piece like he had never eaten before!!!

Thanks for bringing back the memories!

Happy Birthday T-Rex!!!

Stephanie Constantin said...

Happy birthday Rex!!

Crystal said...

Thanks for starting off my very early, very Monday morning off with a big smile. I LOVE the Cake Overlord pic. Methinks a t-shirt with that slogan would be excellent. A companion piece to your Mother's cupcake manifesto perhaps.

urfaqhesse said...

Have birthday to my nephew in law. you look absolutely stunning :)

Miss Dot said...

Yay, Rex! Happy Birthday! I'm glad you've been introduced to the most sublime nectar of the gods, i.e. CAKE. Welcome to the wild word of sweets, buddy. It's an intense ride.

Leslie said...

As always, funny stuff here and yes, I think those wheels are ones for Cake Wreck.

K a b l o o e y said...

You really are the best at this. So. Much. Joy: poopwheels; nature v. nurture; cake overlord; owning up to the family photo secret -- always pick that shot that shows us to best advantage because the kid's always cute and the dude doesn't care. I agree with everything, except I'm really all about the icing, so long as it's a shade of brown. Cake to me is an icing support system.

Tater Tot Mom said...

So funny! Love that cake...how cute is that! Well not as cute as your demon behbeh!

Katiri said...

Congrats on your first year as a mom o'two! You remind me to be thankful for the little things, the best stuff of life.