Sunday, November 15, 2009

unruly nomventure


We had a fun-filled family adventure today, thanks to my dear and talented friend, Carrie, who invited us to help celebrate her daughter's birthday.

I took loads of photos, because the colors at Imagine It!, the Children's Museum of Atlanta, are psychedelic. But today, I'm going to focus on food-related photos, because they make me laugh. Like that one at the top.

Johnny Rockets.

Can I get a NOM NOM NOMlellujah?

Their burgers. Their onion rings. Their nearly-nuclear Fanta Orange.

We all indulged quite a bit.


Seconds after this photo was taken, the Biscuit was shocked and dismayed to find a piece of banana in her banana split. She spit it back into the bowl in disgust and thereby ruined her chances of further shared desserts, because half-chewed banana ruins EVERYTHING.

And then there's the smallest, fattest, most toothless member of our family, who made an enormous mess, manhandled his friend's French fries, and broke my favorite necklace for the second time, sending me like a discombobulated badger to poke around under other people's tables for bits of turquoise.


But we forgive him, because he's funny, and because he has a really cute wave right now. I have failed to capture it on camera. It is the Nessie of hand gestures.

And, lastly, here's an epic battle. Long ago, in a bakery far, far away...


Darth Baker and Luke Breadwalker fought for the mighty cabbage thingy in the swamps of Benchdom. And there was much rejoicing by Ewoks everywhere.

More tomorrow. More that is unrelated to food. I can't do more today. I'm sorry.

The captions simply take too much out of me.

I'm going to go swoon and drink some Emergen-C and try to recover from all the fun.

Thanks, Carrie and family! We love you guys!

11 comments:

Erin M. said...

I have only been to a Johnny Rockets once, but it was soooo good. I'm jealous and this post is making me hungry.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

haha! you crack me up ... I love the baguette fight and captions!

Tater Tot Mom said...

So funny! Looks like fun! Johnny Rockets has great food-I've only been once but loved the shakes!

RosyRevolver said...

Gah, your wit. Unreal.

Loving the smile on Squeaks n' Cheeks. Too cute.

Leslie said...

Baguette sabers over cabbage, I am gonna pee myself...

JR's definitely does a great burger but nothing can be that In and Out Urge, IMO.

Leslie said...

Baguette sabers over cabbage, I am gonna pee myself...

JR's definitely does a great burger but nothing can be that In and Out Urge, IMO.

Miss Dot said...

Hee hee -- celebrating by Ewoks. That IS the traditional way of knowing all is well in the universe, right? The Ewoks throw a big party? Thought so.

Simply Valorie said...

Haha, what a great set of photos. I've had many baguettesaber fights in my time, so I bet that was fun.

Simply Valorie said...

Haha, what a great set of photos. I've had many baguettesaber fights in my time, so I bet that was fun.

K a b l o o e y said...

These are terrific; what a bunch of cutiepatooties. And I want to go make my own set of baguettesabers right now, for combat and munching. Pretty clever of the tot to spit back the banana, thus insuring whole desserts for the rest of her life.

Caroline D. said...

we had fun too! I'm so glad I harassed you until you agreed to go. Your family rocks.