Friday, September 25, 2009

zen


I think that says a lot about the zen of childhood. Being and unbeing. Etc.

*

Later, while watching The Care Bears Movie, the Biscuit listened attentively to a song about "Home Is In Your Heart", shook her head sagely, and said:

Huh. That must hurt, to have a home in your heart.

Today I tried to really, really listen to my 3-year-old. I heard amazing things and beautiful things and desperately annoying things. And I also think she might be partially deaf. Ear wax blockage runs on both sides of the family.

That's all I've got, folks. I'm on a 24 hour sleep deficit for the week, t.rex has spent the past two nights vomiting on me, and I'm not making much sense. But at least I don't have a home in my heart, right?

1 comment:

EttyOop said...

:-( Hope T-Rex feels better very soon and that you get some sleep. I've been there on the sleep dep and I feel your pain. combined with the helplessness of having a sick kiddo, and I understand your inability to focus.

But I love your stories of the adorable Biscuit!