Monday, August 24, 2009

they do not call me sandy


That's me and Dr. Krog at the beach last August.

I really, really miss the beach. Any beach. The ocean. Vacation. Swimming with sharks.

But you know what? It's okay. Because I suspect that having both my children at the beach right now would be like a hermit crab out of its shell having its limbs torn off by a squid and an octopus. Sandy and painful and generally a losing proposition. T.Rex would be so warm and moist and gritty, you know?

So now I've got my sights set on Disneyworld.

Why? I mean, I don't even like Disney. Not the characters, not the branding, not the movies, really. But it's just so safe. Everything remotely related to Disneyworld is child-friendly and parent-friendly, and you'd have to go out of your way to get hurt there. And that sounds fabulous to me, because both of my children regularly seem to go out of their way to gain new and interesting bruises.

I guess I'm officially a mom. I actually dream of a Disneyworld vacation.

Somewhere, deep inside me, my rebellious 13-year-old self is pointing and laughing and screeching, "Sucker! Sell-out! Loser!"

But I don't care, because I'm thinner than she is and I have better hair.

6 comments:

faemom said...

Come join us. The water is warm.
Just promise me that you're not going to be one of those moms who lets her daughter where one of those princess dresses and shoes to the park all day where it will rub her raw and cause her blisters.

laterg8r said...

i used to go on cruises and to white sandy beaches too {sigh}

Alicia Istanbul said...

As a mom who just got back from a beach vacation, I say Disneyworld it all the way.

Virginia Valerie said...

I do love disney, even as an adult. Soooo friggen expensive, tho.

EttyOop said...

Disney with kids is different than disney for yourself. It = magic. Also? Take the biscuit to the princess lunch @ Norway in Epcot. You might not love it, (though the food is actually good) but she will be in heaven...

veganf said...

Yes, do Disney. But wait a year or two so Rex can go on the rides too or one of you will be sitting outside for 45 minutes with him while the other two enjoy thee indoor line and 5 minute a/c'd ride.