Friday, July 24, 2009

thanks, hope scholarship

My friend Carrie at Bright Shop wants to collaborate on some shirts, so I was very excited to get my new drawing tablet.

Sadly, I kinda suck.

Here's my 4th try at drawing a dragon:

I think I'll go back to using the circle tool, Stroke, and erase.

Back to writing, which, I have to say, is a lot like being pregnant. I feel busy all the time, I don't get enough sleep, and it sucks the creativity and interestingness right out of me.

At least I can still draw ugly pandas, right?

9 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

panda? I thought it was a dragon.

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Yeah, that's the problem. My dragons sucked so hard that I drew a sad and sucky panda.

BEHOLD THE SUCK.

stinestrain said...

I don't believe for one second that that is the best dragon you can do, missy ;)

Virginia Valerie said...

What is that thing coming out of his side? Or is he a gyrating boy panda?

Caroline D. said...

don't you dare give up. i hate quitters.

ok, I don't hate quitters, but I would be sad if you didn't master the bamboo drawing thingy.

is it just hard to use? because I know you can draw a pretty dragon...

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

It's hard when you have a 3 year old hanging off one arm, asking, "Mom? Mom! Mommy! Mom! What is that, mom? Mom? What is that" while the baby tries to crawl up your ankles and bite your knees.

Then it's kinda hard.

Mocha Dad said...

Pandas are cute.

jarvenpa said...

Panda is very very sad because you called Panda ugly.
Bad Dee!
Panda is very cute. You do not fail.
(yes, I am going insane, it has been 107 where I live, we are not used to this).

faemom said...

At least you can draw a panda. I'm trying to make shirts for my boys. I've resorted to printing out coloring pages of dragons and Tiki Gods from the internet and prinitng them on iron-transfer paper. Then I color them. At least you can draw.