Wednesday, July 29, 2009

please spay or neuter

...your children.


Especially if your bratty kid is going to bite my kid and leave a huge, bruised welt.

Especially if your bratty kid does this a lot.

Especially if you're going to offer me a lollipop afterwards instead of disciplining your child.

What on earth is the world coming to?


She looked like such a sweet little kid, and then the Biscuit was running to me in tears.

She keeps asking me why someone would bite her, and all I can think of to say is, "Because she's smaller than you and probably doesn't understand what to do when she's angry. She doesn't know any better."

But what I want to say is, "Because her parents totally spoil her and she's desperate for attention and she never gets punished for biting because her mom is too busy playing on the computer."

How do you explain that some people are just bad eggs?

Like today, when we watched an old lady come within 8 inches of hitting a guy in a crosswalk after she ran a stop sign. She slammed on her brakes and threw her hands up in the air as if to say, "How dare you exercise your legal right to walk in the part of the parking lot specifically designed for walkers! I don't have time to stop at this stop sign and allow you to perambulate!"

I guess old ladies are already spayed, though, so no worries there.

Unless, like, you've got a time machine.

Sorry to rant again, people, but I just can't believe that my kid has tooth marks in her shoulder.

I know she's totally NOM-able, but that takes it to a whole new level.

Reason #4892 that I love t.rex: No teeth yet.

11 comments:

roseaeron said...

Your kids have the most amazing eyes! Sorry Biscuit keeps getting eaten! Maybe it's the nickname?:-) I love food-slathered baby pictures. Some of my favorite pics of my kids are when they were covered in spaghetti.

Virginia Valerie said...

If I nom her, I won't leave a mark. Promise.

The kiddies are really cute. What's the brown stuff?

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

That, my friend, is prunes, a.k.a. the only thing standing between your 8-month-old and eternal constipation.

Jenny Penny said...

Oh my god, I'm so glad to have Internet access again -- if only to read this. My joy cup runneth over. Is that gross?

P.S. How old is T.Rex? I love gummy babies.

maidenshade said...

Hi - I'm playing bloggy catch-up.

OH NO! Adorable babies you have, no wonder they get bitten. Probably jealous the little gnawer. I think you should go bite her back, look her in the eye and say "never bite my biscuit again!" in a real menacing low voice.

Sadly, it seems that many procreators these days are choosing the course of no-consequences for their ill-mannered off-spring... I think it's the parents who want the neutering however, lest they bring more kidlets into the world to leave unattended and unruly... The children still have a chance to learn.

Come visit me at MaidenShade Matters if you can - read what I've been up to and leave a comment. I love company!

Fondly, J
MaidenShade.wordpress.com
(soon to be MaidenShade.net, not yet though!)

laterg8r said...

omg trex is sooo cute! my kid got bit too and then the mom burst into tears and got everyone's sympathy! WTFudge??? even when she said,"she does this all the time" how bout a warning lady? grrrrr feeling your pain

Emile said...

poor thing... was that at tcp?

carma said...

people are turds. Oh, and crappy parents.

Jennifer said...

I would be very upset as well. A freaking lollipop???

faemom said...

I would freak out too if my kid got bit by another kid. I would go total mama-bear on them.

Kristi said...

Poor thing, I am very sorry she was bitten!! That looks like it hurts. :( I have to say, it also sucked when my kid was the biter. He was younger than Capri, maybe 19months. He's never been a neglected child lacking a watchful eye upon him; it was a horrible stage he went through, and I found out that it's really common. It was very stressful to hover and wonder if/when it was going to happen! It seemed like he actually bit the kids he liked- he'd go in for a hug and BAM! It started really suddenly, and at first I didn't even realize what he was up to. A few times of following through on "If you bite her, WE WILL GO HOME RIGHT NOW!" got him to stop quickly. It doesn't sound like Capri's mom cared all that much, but I really did! Thank goodness that's long over now, but my next baby (or yours, or your friend's...) could be a biter too. You just never know.