Sunday, July 12, 2009

my weekness

Allow me to give you a visual rundown of my week.

It was dominated by this guy.



You can't see it, but behind that empty bottle and that attractive forearm, my laptop has been purring nonstop. We've been working hard. For about 4 hours each day this week, Dr. Krog used his evil sorcery to make both children disappear so that I could work on his secret project.

His evil sorcery mostly included trips to the bookstore, McDonald's playground, and gas station. And lots of driving around.

And then there's my next tormentor. He's such a jerk. Seriously.


He decided that he wasn't nearly annoying and dangerous enough crawling around my house.

Instead, at the ripe old age of 7 months, he decided to do this.


And, if that wasn't bad enough, he then proceeded to do this.




That's right, people.

My tiny little baby is pulling up to stand on everything that'll hold still, and even some things that won't, like my very tender achilles tendon or my parents' chorkie. So I spent a good part of my week trying to protect his head from all the things onto which he was falling while simultaneously protecting all the things that he can now reach. Like those Onion books in that picture.

I love it when my photos capture the most trite, banal parts of our life.

And then there's this kid. First she's a princess.


A messy princess wearing my "fancy shoes".

And then she went through a brief period of hula dancing.

And then she decided to become a ballerina/hippie.


Or something. Her daddy helped her choose those hideous purple glitter shoes. I voted for some nice, entertaining Colorforms, but the disco platforms won the day.

Oh, and did I mention that this guy absolutely refuses to leave me alone??


Milk, naps, baths, prunes, diapers, smiles, laughter, attention.

It's TORTURE.

Anyway, that's about it. I had very little "me" time, up until last night's hour-long "interrupt me and I will punish you, but in a bad way" bath. Come to think of it, I could really use another one of those.

Tomorrow: I Shredded For 30 Days And All I Got Was This Awesome Necklace, And These Weird Shoes, and This Totally Rockin' Bod, And Also Some Perfume Oils That Are Currently In The Mail..

I missed you guys!

4 comments:

Freya said...

Welcome back, dahhling.

M family said...

I was starting to get worried! Glad you're back!

Caroline D. said...

those two childrens of yours are super duper awful. and it was nice having you guys over to play today...

now i'm off to figure out what your project should be!

faemom said...

You're just surrounded by evil geniuses.