Wednesday, July 15, 2009

the 30 days of shredding

On the first day of shredding, J. Michaels gave to me
A distinct pain in my left knee.
On the second day of shredding, J. Michaels gave to me
Really achy shoulders
And pains in both of my knees.

Etc.

I'm not going to do that to you.

But on the 30th day of shredding, the returns were undeniable. The bones are returning to the surface of my face, and I'm starting to look like the "me" I have in my head. My favorite "skinny" jeans fit and look great. My arms are stronger, so I can hold my moosey baby longer, not that he wants to be held. My legs are totally tight and look better than ever-- I even have that little bulge/dimple above and to the side of the knee that says, "Oooh, muscley!" And I feel great.

July 10 marked my 30th day of doing the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, and i'm now 5 days into Level 2, which means i'm achy and exhausted all over again.

But there are perks.

First of all, i'm starting to get really lovely muscles under my layer of fat. See?


For another thing, Dr. Krog bet me $100 that I wouldn't shred for 30 days, and he lost.

Suck it, Dr. Krog!

And so I bought the coquelicot necklace by my friend Alicia Istanbul, and it is gorgeous.



Third of all, I had $60 and needed a new pair of shoes, because my summer sandals were giving me a callus reminiscent of the sharp little hooves of Mediterranean goats. So, yes, they're big, cushy, practical moonboots.

But they're blue. That has to count for something.


That left me with $30, so I bought some larger bottles of Nicosia, DuBois, and Sicily from Wiggle Perfume on Etsy, as well as some samples of her other scents. Mmmm... smelly.

I've got $10 left.

Any ideas?

11 comments:

charissimo said...

Doesn't Krog owe you a horse now, too? Pay up, Krog.

EttyOop said...

Ok, so how long does the shredding take (i knwo, i know, 30 days! but how long each day?)? and would i have to drink the smoothies and go on a gross diet as well, or is it just an exercise program that you supplemented?

i am so freakin' impressed with you i can't stand it. seriously. and envious, too. i want to have muscles instead of baby fat :-(

charissimo said...

Also, how do you choose perfumes over the internet? These intrigue me, I must say, and I do need a new fragrance for the summer, but I also don't want to get one of the ones that smells like burning hair or burning ass or whatever it was you got before. Thoughts, oh wise helpmeet?

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

I'm going to post about this topic today. Bravisimmi, Charissimo!

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

EttyOop - That's the beauty of shredding-- it only takes 20 minutes a day. As I remind myself when having a cavity filled or going to the DMV... I can do *anything* for 20 minutes.

And if you're trying to lose weight and get healthy, diet always helps, but the Shred can help you lose weight as long as you're not eating more to congratulate yourself on working out.

Easy steps would be to stop drinking anything but water or to stop eating after 8pm. Those sorts of things add up.

And charissimo, Dr. Krog does indeed owe me a horse, but I couldn't do a damned thing with it right now. 2 kids and no trails = what's the point? One day, he'll pay up.

charissimo said...

Drinking anything other than WATER?! Okay, now, you've gotta stop that crazy talk. You're taking it too far!

Virginia Valerie said...

I love and admire your muscles!!! Also, nice tank top. and I like your moonboots! Way to go! Pretty necklace too!

3rdEyeMuse said...

why, cupcakes, of course! :)

oh, and three cheers for sticking with it ... you've earned the feelin great.

EttyOop said...

Thanks for the info :-)

I try to eat fairly healthily, actually (er. aside from the half pint of ben and jerrys yesterday, but i did spinning today so that has GOT to count for something. and i don't usually DO that...). And I do'nt drink sugary things. Just water and crystal light. I ordered the 30-day shred dvd because you have inspired me (and your awesome muscle picture!). Then? a friend told me that the 30 day shred is on my cable on demand. for free. *sigh*

BUT...

THanks for the inspiration :-D

also? Love your necklace...

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

1. Ebay.
2. Gift to friend.

Spread the shred! =)

faemom said...

I'm so impressed. I couldn't do that. No, I could. I just don't want to.
Ten bucks, I would say buy food, but that would defeat the point. Maybe more jeweley.