Monday, June 8, 2009

uglification


Today, I challenged my child to a game of paper airplanes. And she promptly unfolded her airplane, put a cloth diaper on it, and attempted to attach it to the bottom of a fluorescent green rhinoceros inexplicably named Marsha.

Well played, toddler.

Instead, I began a face-off, much like the walk-off in Zoolander. Here's how it went down.

I started.


Sensing that fun was afoot, she made a face, too.


"No, buddy. It's not a smiling contest. Make a silly face," I prompted.

So she tried again.


Ah, she gets it.

So I went in a different direction.


Oh, that got her laughing.

And then she took it up a notch.


BAM! That's wacky.

It was my turn again. I gave it all I had.


And then she struck. Making a face that only a mother could love (while warning her child that if the wind shifts, her face will be stuck like that), I present the Biscuit as:



Checkmate.

Game: Biscuit.

So, what did t.rex think of all this fuss?


Let's just say he was glad to be nominated. The boy only makes 3 faces: sadness, elation, boredom.

Although he does sometimes move so fast that the lowly camera cannot capture him. Like a chubby little hummingbird.


He's probably making a really impressive face, like ZOMG SLOBBERMONKEYZOMBIE, and we just can't see it.

So until he joins our ridiculously silly ranks, I proclaim the Biscuit the winner of today's Uglification contest. Her prize is a bowl of yogurt and bedtime.

Man, i'm really glad I lost.

7 comments:

charissimo said...

This post fills me with pig-snouted joy. You totally get the Fun Mom of the Day award.

AnonGirl said...

Found your blog from a mention on CakeWrecks's Sunday Sweets. Nice!!

MindfulMama said...

You DO get the fun mom award. You actually play with your kids. Hmph. You are making the rest of us look bad. CUT IT OUT.

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Welcome, AnonGirl! CakeWrecks makes me smile every day. Jen is brilliant!

Char and MM,that was the most fun 5 minutes of the day. I can only do so much.

Suzi said...

Cute! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Visiting from SITS!

Laura said...

every picture is still prettier than any contestant on American Next Top Model.

Anti-Supermom said...

I love that your daughter totally gets what you are into and playing along.

That's why I like to act five years old too, because it's more fun that way.

Great pictures, thanks for visiting and saying 'hi'.