Wednesday, March 18, 2009

creme de love


It's been 10 years since candy was on my grocery list.
Dark chocolate doesn't count, because it's for my HEART.
I most definitely do not enjoy it, but I somehow manage
to snarf a square or two each day.
For my HEART.


But today, I fell in love. With a little green bag full of Creme de Menthe Hershey's Kisses. They're like a jollier version of Andes Candies. They just look so affable, in their sweet little green wrappers.

Here's my attempt at artsy photography, which involves smashing a bunch of buttons on my camera, which is really my mom's camera.
The angelic halo is real, though.





Aren't they cunning? Look at 'em, all lined up.
That one on the right is especially adorable.
I would like to get to know him better. Maybe we'll have a chat.




And then, after a leisurely dinner and a couple of glasses of wine and some romantic music, he finds himself slowly undressed.




And then I see into his very soul.



His delicious, dark-chocolate-enrobed-creme-de-menthe soul.

And then this happens.




And then this happens.

Because I can only be serious for so long before all the wacky
comes bursting out like minty green goo in a delicious little chocolate candy.


Thank you, fine people of Hershey's, for your diligent effort to sabotage my health.


5 comments:

Virginia Valerie said...

The last picture is my favorite. I think I'll buy some billboard space on I-85 and put it up there. You know, right before the "Ostrich!" sign.

delilah said...

ZOMG, I miss that billboard so, so much. I don't miss the drive, though. I'm glad Dr. Crog isn't 3 hours away anymore. Because then I couldn't roll over and ask him to take out the trash in the morning.

Sad postscript to this entry: t.rex and I had indigestion all night long. Methinks the Kisses had their revenge for fallen brothers.

katiri said...

Delilah, Delilah, Delilah. Thank you for being so fun and gross and cute. I think I might kidnap you. Unless you get diarrhea a lot; I am not into that.

Virginia Valerie said...

Sorry about your indigestion - I'll proceed with caution with hershey products. :-)

Anonymous said...

It's funny on a lot of levels.
-Dr. Krog