Monday, February 2, 2009

the amazing growing twin

Biscuit: IT'S MUNNING! Oh, mommy, oh, daddy, it is munning!
Me: Good morning, sweetheart. Can I snuggle with you?
Biscuit: Yep.
Me: Oh, it is very cozy in your bed with you!
Biscuit: Yes, it is! My bed is getting so, so big!
Me: Your bed is doing what?
Biscuit: My bed is growing growing big BIG big! It is bigger than your bed already!
Me: Really?
Biscuit: Yep. I eat and at night I grow big, and my bed grows, too! We get so, so bigger together!
Me: Oh, excellent. Then we won't have to buy you a full bed in a few years, huh?
Biscuit: Nope.

As the rest of my day consists of cleaning, cleaning, laundry, taking T.Rex to the pediatrician for a sick visit, and cleaning, that was clearly the finest moment of my Monday. She then put her arms around my neck and told me she loved me.

It really is a very cozy bed.

2 comments:

delilah said...

P.S. Her first words Tuesday were not joyous and loving paeans to the morning. They were:

OH, NO, MOMMY! I NEED TO POOP! I HAVE POOPS THAT NEED TO COME OUT OF MY BOTTOM!

Kids certainly keep one on one's toes.

urfaqhesse said...

I'm wearing a suit.