Thursday, January 8, 2009

meet humboldt plinkenpenny

Here's the set up:

After T.Rex was born, I purchased a night light for midnight feedings and diaper changes and placed it in the only available socket, which is behind a recliner in our room. The first time Dr. Crog noticed it and asked me why light was radiating from behind a chair, I told him that a gnome was reading back there. Thanks to his extremely colorful and active imagination, he was totally freaked out by this concept.

He envisioned the gnome as a wily South American type, which looks like an evil rutabaga, but I
maintained that it was a pleasant, pink-cheeked Travelocity type of gnome, red hat and all, cheerfully studying a tome of gnomic lore.

Fast forward to yesterday, when I found this little guy for 50% off at Hobby Lobby while looking for a resin or papier mache deer head:



And then fast forward further to last night at 7:51 when I politely asked Dr. Crog to turn on the night light.

It was beautiful. He hasn't screeched that loudly since I goosed him during Snakes on a Plane.

Seriously, I live for this sort of thing. Ain't life grand?

12 comments:

Valerie said...

OMG this is friggen awesome! I can totally imagine Dr. Crog screaming like a gnome-fearing scaredy cat!

Misty said...

Bwahahahaha- I totally needed that laugh tonight!

Kyrissaean said...

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but this post gave me the best laugh I've had all week.

merveilleuse said...

hahahahaha!!!

Mallory said...

Came from SITS...browsing your blog. You are absolutely enjoyable to read!

Rook No. 17 said...

Of course I had to come and read about this one! LOL! An evil rutabaga! Priceless! En route to this prize of a post I read your profile ~ awesome ~ and apparently we share a peculiar fascination with cephalopods (check out my profile as well). Congrats again on your SITS day. It is well deserved! Jenn @ rookno17.blogspot.com

Zeemaid said...

your husband must seriously be jumpy. THat's hysterial!!!!

Happy SITS day!

Mighty M said...

Love it!!!! Sounds like something I would do!

Miss Dot said...

CLASSIC! Amazing.

Helen McGinn said...

Oh, oh, oh! I bow at the altar of all that is great and unruly. You are my new goddess! *LOL*

Meg said...

Hilarious and terrifying all at once. That kind of thing might put me in therapy!

piecemeal people said...

Oh dear God. I have NEVER laughed so hard reading the blog of a stranger. EVER.