Tuesday, October 28, 2008

VOTE!

Well, I have my little peach sticker telling everyone that i'm a Georgia voter.

And I have to say that it was one of the loveliest voting experience of my life.

Arriving at the library at 10am in 44 degree weather, I was considered "disabled" and pushed to the front of the line, despite my protestations. Everyone was friendly, kind, and jovial, and most folks couldn't believe that an egregiously pregnant woman would carry a 27-pound toddler on her back. I tried to explain how it balances out my front, but I think they were skeptical. We were out of there in 30 minutes!

So, my recommendations are as follows:

1. VOTE.
2. Vote early.
3. Wear a big pillow under your shirt so they let you vote first.

2 comments:

Emile said...

Which location were you at? I need to go there!

delilah said...

I was at the Woodstock library, so i'm not sure if you're eligible... but the crowd would probably be the same at 10am anywhere, and you and I look a lot alike right now, if you subtract 15 pounds of baby from the front and 8 pounds from the baby on the back...