Wednesday, October 1, 2008

the sound of silence

Do you hear that?

It's the sound of one child napping.

For the first time in 3 days. It's the most beautiful sound i've heard in a while. And when you add in the sound of the wind ruffling the blinds as fresh air chases the gasoline fumes from last night's failed siphoning experiment out of the house, it's probably even better than the Ben Folds album I keep forgetting to buy. Probably.

To have a nice day after two rough days is such a treat. It's finally October, it finally feels like fall, the gas hysteria appears to finally be winding down. I saw gas at 3 stations today that have been empty for over a week, so that's got to be good. And I finally got to see 3 episodes of True Blood on my folks' HBO On Demand, so i'm not quite as much of a Luddite. Or at least an eccentric Luddite who likes humorous southern vampire horror.

I guess I don't have anything much to say-- i'm too tired and possibly relaxed to be witty, and that's a pretty good way to be.

Ahhhhhhhh.

No comments: