Friday, October 17, 2008

... I disgust myself.

My normal day:
Breakfast: whole grain, 15-grams-of-fiber cereal with banana and milk
Snack: apple and cheese
Lunch: lentil soup and grilled cheese with orange juice
Snack: grapes and whole grain graham crackers
Dinner: chicken, rice, green beans, black eyed peas, whole grain garlic toast

My 8-months-pregnant-food-aversion-ultra-disgusto day:
Breakfast: whole grain frozen waffles with Aunt Jemima syrup and butter and chocolate milk
Snack: Emergen-C with OJ and cran-raspberry juice
Lunch: 2 cheese hot dogs with ketchup, kettle potato chips, red grapes, chocolate milk
Snack: too many homemade Rice Krispy Treats (thanks a lot, Christine!)
2nd Snack: birthday cake and other treats from a 2-year-old's party
Dinner: bowl of Cap'n Crunch

Seriously. Today is SO NOT ME. But everything else sounds so completely puke-o-tronic. I know the baby needs fat, but I don't think he needs this much fat, this much sugar, or this much nasty, packaged food.

I guess I am getting close to baby day, though-- I remember this phase from Cleo's gestation. We called it "The Lucky Charm Days", because I ate a grande box of LC every 2 days. The best thing I can say is that at least all this horrid processed cereal is fortified to the max. So i'm cool for riboflavin.

Blech.

1 comment:

stinestrain said...

at least the rice krispy treats were homemade.