Sunday, October 12, 2008

actually, she's an artist of life...

It has been noted, both by myself and others to remain nameless, that my daughter has thus far shown absolutely zero artistic talent. Yeah, I know she's 2, but it's still pretty obvious that drawing and color are not her fortes. And i'm totally cool with that, because I know what it's like when your parents hang their hopes and dreams on interests that don't interest you. I mean, I was supposed to be a track star and general athlete, and I only run when i'm about to miss the ice cream truck.

But I think it's very important to note that my daughter does follow in my footsteps in the realm of wacky. She is totally, spontaneously, utterly, uniquely wacky.

Exhibit A:


Seriously. I'll take a prodigy in wacky over a prodigy in art anyday. I need laughs more than I need perfectly crayoned scarecrows, and this kid totally delivers.

1 comment:

stinestrain said...

I really think 2 is too young to say she has no artistic ability. Whether or not you want her to, I think they're only supposed to be scribbling at that age (and usually on the walls) anyway.