Thursday, July 10, 2008

drumroll, please...

For those of you betting on blue, you'll be pleased to know that we're over 75% sure Baby Shmoo is a BOY. Yay!

The ultrasound tech showed us several hilarious images, from the baby flashing a peace sign, to chunky little feet pressed up against my belly, to a hand clinging playfully and repeatedly to the genitalia we were so very anxious to see. Apparently, I am housing a miniature Al Bundy lounging on his placental couch.

The anatomy scan showed that everything is totally normal, and my due date remains the same-- December 2. Shmoo weighs about 1 pound now and is around 6 inches from crown to rump. He appears to have inherited Craig's iron bones, because they were very sharp on the scans and when poking me at odd moments. I am utterly floored that we can see this baby move clearly from the outside of my abdomen at only 19 weeks. I didn't even feel Cleo move until 18 weeks, and then it was just flutters and nudges. Seems Shmoo is a rather vigorous chap!

I'm almost halfway through the pregnancy, and i'm ready to start painting the guest bedroom blue. Craig and I will effectively replace ourselves on the planet, thereby insuring the future success of our robot army under the care of familial stewards.

It's a good day.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Congrats! Now you will have a "match" set with the kiddos. :-) I know that you were hoping for Baby Schmoo to be a member of Team Blue...and to be honest, I was pretty sure that this one would be.

stinestrain said...

congrats!!!!

Valerie said...

Yay Baby Schmoo! That is so exciting! Can't wait to meet him (and Cleo!)!

marciabee said...

Yay for baby boys!!

Best wishes to all. How does Cleo feel about being a big sister?