Wednesday, June 18, 2008

be the middle bear

A public service announcement: going 10 miles below the speed limit is 10 times more dangerous than going 10 miles over the speed limit.

If you can't go the speed limit, maybe you shouldn't be on the road. I know it would be great if everybody slowed down, started recycling, and sang "We Are the World", but it's just not going to happen. The vast majority of drivers want to go at the very least the posted speed, if not 5 to 10 mph more. And when you get in their way, they get really annoyed and dangerous.

I was behind a "20 in a 30 where most people go 45" person today, and I was not only enormously frustrated at going so o o o slo o o owly while having to pee so o o badly, but also scared to death of the maniacs nearly driving up my tailpipe and punishing me for the sins of Granny Grunt and the Amazing Snailmobile.

So, please, folks. Don't dawdle like Baby Bear. Don't play Nascar Papa Bear. Just be reasonable Mama Bear, a happy compromise. Me, my anxiety, and my bladder will thank you.

No comments: