Wednesday, June 18, 2008

2 entirely unrelated items

1. I'm starving, but nothing sounds good. How on earth can a pregnant person not want anything to eat while their stomach howls in protest like a flea-bitten Wookiee?

2. I like the term "social disease". I now add it to my list of "unpleasant terms that I enjoy, regardless of their definition. Our world is so full of acronyms-- STD, HIV, AIDS, HPV. It's refreshing to hear that good, old-fashioned, "make everything sound hunky dory for the Beave" term for the crotch rot. Makes is sound less like "end of my sex life" and more like "had too many margaritas at the Jones' block party and lost my keys again".

Not that I have, or have ever had, a social disease. I just crack up every time Quagmire says it on Family Guy.

"Social disease", meet botulism, perambulator, scrofula, and infarction. You're in good company.

2 comments:

Misty said...

I can't hear (or read) "social disease" without thinking of Bon Jovi! Yes, I'm a child of the 80's. LOL.

stinestrain said...

I think of west side story

"juvenile deliquency is purely a social disease"

"hey I got a social disease!"