Monday, April 7, 2008

the difference between 'good' and 'great'

So i'm sick. I thought it was allergies, but it has settled in for a nasty, mucus-filled roller coaster ride of annoyance. I used to think being sick was a nice rest from the rat race-- stay home, use some PTO, eat lots of Mint Milanos and Cheetos, watch movies, rest and recuperate. With a busy toddler, however, there is no rest. Ever.

But here's the difference between "good" and "great".

The cough syrup I bought for $1.97 has 10mg dextromightymorphin and 100mg gwaferthin.

The Mucinex DM Craig bought for $12 has 60mg dextromightymorphin and 1200mg gwaferthin.

That's 6 times the D thing and 12 times the G thing!! So I can breathe out my nose, which is lovely. I guess sometimes there's a reason to buy real medicine versus nasty, cherry-flavored cough syrup that just puts you to sleep. To get that much D and G out of my cough syrup, it would take 12 servings, by which time I would be seeing purple gorillas on the ceiling and flailing all over the bed covered in Cheeto dust and screaming, "Look, it's Delilah, the sexy Pharaoh Wizard!"

I learned something today: real medicine sometimes works.

1 comment:

stinestrain said...

oh no, I'm sorry you are sick. :(

I laughed at your medicine names ;)