Thursday, March 27, 2008

free to be MEMEMEMEME!!!!

I almost hate to post, because I don't want to lose that zombie baby at the top of the blog...

Anyways, I feel like... me... today. I went to an MNO (Mom's Night Out) last night with the fun chicks from ICAN (International Caesarian Awareness Network) and had ALOF (a lot of fun). That's right-- 2 whole hours without husband or baby. For the first time in 2 years. With tiramisu cheesecake. It was wonderful. I love my family, but you've got to admit that's a long time to go without private-outside-the-house-time. Between the two of them, I rarely get to pee alone.

And then this morning, I met a friend at The Coffee Park and enjoyed an enormously delicious chai latte while Cleo played in their amazing childcare area for 3 hours. So that's a total of 5 hours in 2 days, so excuse me if i'm a little bit drunk with the overindulgent selfishness. Me! ME! MEEEE!

If you had told me when I was younger that I would ever be able to sacrifice so much of myself, I would have laughed in your face and written a horribly maudlin poem about it and read it in public in my Doc Martens while making the sign of the devil with my left hand. And yet, at the same time, being a mother and wife has really expanded me as an individual. I paint a lot more (and a lot better) now. I have more interests and friends. And i'm happier. It's nothing like the horrid subjugation the media makes it out to be!

Ahem. It's good to be me, is all i'm sayin'.

3 comments:

stinestrain said...

wow 3 hours at TCP that is amazing!! I wish my kid didn't freak out there :(

I'm glad you came last night. I'm up for a MNO anytime. It's amazing what a few hours among the same friends you talk to every day is like when you remove our children from the equation. (and add some cheesecake or possibly a mango-rita)

Frogs Mom said...

Fun! I think we need a place like that around here. :)

DMProductionandSales said...

I like your blog and your work. It is very interesting. You might consider getting a Free Listing for both your Blog and your store in The Hand Made Product Directory
http://www.dmpmc.net/THMD
To increase its visibility.