If you bought Wicked as She Wants today, tweeted about it, mentioned it on Facebook or Google+, wrote a review, or wished me a happy book birthday: THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU.
Dear Bludbunny Brigade:
Criminy is pleased. The bunnies have been leashed. Thank you for your service today!
Dear RT Book Reviews:
Thank you so much for the unbelievable honor of receiving the May Seal of Excellence. What an amazing surprise! Your kind words totally made my day/month/year. I'm so glad y'all liked it!
Y'all, I'm so excited to introduce THREE new scents from Villainess Soaps, all based on characters from WICKED AS SHE WANTS. Each character is available as a soap or artisan perfume, and the perfumes come with adorable little charms.
First up, the ice princess herself:
Fierce frost flowers - lilac and cherry blossom - with a proud heart of blackberry and sugar plum, caught in a predatory gust of chill wind.
Let me tell you-- these scents are SPOT ON for how the characters feel, and I am constantly astounded by the genius and style of the lovely Brooke at Villainess. You can also grab a collection of 8 of the scents or pick up a few samples of all 8 new scents at the WICKED AS SHE WANTS launch party this Friday night.
I'll be dressed in blue and smelling of Ahna, darlings.
1. Nagging people about RSVPing to the book launch party FRIDAY, MAY 3 AT RED DOOR PLAYHOUSE IN ROSWELL, GA on the pretense that I need a head count to buy supplies.
2. Buying lots of supplies, especially alcohol, because lots of people have RSVPd, probably so that I'll stop badgering them.
3. Listening to my 4yo sing BADGER BADGER BADGER, which he calls the BEAVER SONG and believes is somehow related to my book and Justin Beiber at the same time.
4. Daydreaming about Special Book Launch Lunch, which is when I force my husband to take me out to a fancy lunch on the day my book launches. And digesting I Just Finished My First Draft Dinner from last night, because I also forced him to take me out for chicken wings last night.
5. Contemplating new things to celebrate so I won't have to cook.
6. Painting those little wooden people that will go on the gigantic red velvet cake I've ordered for the BOOK LAUNCH PARTY THIS FRIDAY.
7. Trying to think of new and interesting ways to lure people into buying my book without overdoing the self promo on Facebook and Twitter. Next up: giving away free kittens. DON'T YOU WANT A KITTEN?
8. Cutting out snowflakes, putting together raffle prizes, and contemplating my costume for the BOOK LAUNCH PARTY THIS FRIDAY.
9. Looking forward to my hair cut on Friday because my bangs are in that half-bang state where I'm not sure what to do with them and have to tuck them back all the time like Lisa Loeb.
10. BEING REALLY EXCITED ABOUT MY SECOND BOOK COMING OUT OMG.
Because when you invite two wonderful friends (like ERICKA and DEBBIE) over to help you enter tons of names in a database, address the envelopes, and put on a billion stamps, you feed them well. Four kinds of cheese, crackers, fresh organic fruit, and oodles of wine. And cake balls.
Let's just say some of the stamps might be crooked.
If you sent me an email for the Bludbunny Brigade, CONGRATULATIONS! You're in, and your Membership magnet, signed bookplate, and bracelet will be in the mail to you tomorrow. Each member received a unique hand-drawn refrigerator magnet with a dapper bludbunny. No two are the same!
Also, an apology: my mind and my email accounts are currently like an octopus juggling colanders. Unless something's on the top of the stack and easy to destroy, it might get juggled a bit or flap away into the ocean.
If you're waiting on something from me in the next two weeks, please email me again and tell me exactly what you need. Interviews will get shot back within half an hour, probably, and guest blogs will take longer. If you have an idea for a guest blog-- a Sangish flash fiction about a certain character or a writing/bookish/geeky topic on which you'd like me to expound, please tell me. If I have to make a decision or start from scratch, that spaghetti noodle is likely to slip right through the colander and away from the juggling octopus.
That being said, if you'd like an interview of guest blog related to release week, please email delilahsdawson (at) gmail (dot) com. I'd love to be useful!
Thank you all so much for joining the Bludbunny Brigade and reading! As I totally freak out in preparation for the release of WICKED AS SHE WANTS next Tuesday (OMG NEXT TUESDAY WHUT), I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support, encouragement, and general existence.